Juv?derm is an injectable filler used to add volume to the face for an instantly revitalized appearance.
What is Juvederm?
JUV?DERM? is a smooth-gel filler used to instantly smooth away wrinkles and create volume. You?ll get smooth and natural-looking results that last up to a year.
JUV?DERM? is manufactured using HYLACROSS? technology, creating a smooth-consistency gel. (It is infused with lidocaine to improve comfort during treatment.)
Where on the face can Juvederm be used?
Everyone?s skin ages differently and JUV?DERM? can be used to improve multiple problem areas. From smile lines, to vertical lip lines, to thin lips, you can smooth away a wide variety of unwanted volume-loss for a more youthful appearance.
What does Juvederm do?
JUV?DERM? injectable gel temporarily adds volume to facial tissue and restores a more full, youthful appearance to the face.
How does Juvederm work?
Young, healthy skin contains an abundance of a substance called hyaluronic acid (HA). As we age, sunlight and other factors can reduce the amount of HA in your skin. The lack of HA causes your skin to lose structure and volume, creating unwanted facial wrinkles and folds — like parentheses lines around your nose and mouth, and less voluminous cheeks and lips.
Using a dermal filler like Juvederm is a safe and effective way to replace the HA your skin has lost, bringing back its volume and smoothing away facial wrinkles and folds.
* Please note that individual results may vary.
How is the Juvederm used?
Juvederm dermal filler is a nonsurgical treatment used to fill out a face suffering from volume loss. Using a fine needle, your About Face professional eases Juvederm under the skin to fill out the desired area. This adds instant volume and diminishes the appearance of wrinkles and folds.
What is Juvederm typically used for?
JUV?DERM? Ultra XC and JUV?DERM? Ultra Plus XC injectable gels are indicated for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds.
What will treatment with JUV?DERM? XC injectable gel accomplish?
JUV?DERM? XC injectable gel will help to smooth moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds. Most patients need one treatment to achieve optimal wrinkle smoothing. (And one treatment could smooth your lines and wrinkles for up to 1 year.)
For more customized information, ask your treatment provider what you should expect from your initial treatment and when they would recommend rescheduling another appointment.
- It’s long-lasting. Juvederm XC is the ONLY hyaluronic acid (HA) filler that is FDA approved to last up to one year with one treatment!
- It’s smooth. Not all HA dermal fillers are created equal. Only JUVEDERM Ultra Plus XC? is so smooth – other hyaluronic acid fillers currently on the market are made of granular consistency gels.
But, this unique manufacturing process (HYLACROSS?) creates a smooth-consistency gel that flows easily into the skin and provides a smooth, natural look and feel?so everyone will notice (but no one will know)!
- It’s comfortable. Did we mention that it?s more comfortable for you than previous JUVEDERM Ultra Plus? formulations? JUVEDERM Ultra Plus XC? injectable gel is now formulated with lidocaine, a common anesthetic used to improve the comfort of treatment.
- It’s safe for all skin types. Juvederm is the first FDA-approved hyaluronic acid dermal filler that has proven it’s safey and effectiveness in persons of color. Studies with Juvederm showed no increased risk of hyperpigmentation or hypertrophic scarring in patients of color.
- It’s customized. Juvederm treatments are not a “one size fits all” approach to anti-aging treatments. Because Juvederm is available in multiple formulations, a unique treatment plan can be created for each individual patient, allowing us the versatility to contour and volumize any combination of facial wrinkle/fold, cheek, lips, under-eyes, etc. Your personal needs can be more satisfactorily met due to the skin-plumping options Juvederm provides.
If you are doing dermal-filler research, you will easily see that there are plenty of dermal wrinkle fillers on the market today, but we think you?ll agree JUV?DERM? XC is special. After all, there?s a reason JUV?DERM? is the #1 selling dermal filler in the U.S.!
Are Juvederm treatments painful?
Injections may cause some discomfort during and after the injection. The smooth consistency gel of JUV?DERM? XC allows your doctor to administer it easily and smoothly. And, JUV?DERM? XC is injected directly into the skin using a fine needle to reduce injection discomfort. Additionally, JUV?DERM? XC is formulated with lidocaine for a more comfortable treatment experience. (To increase patient comfort we usually use a topical numbing cream to anesthetize the treatment area before we begin.)
How long does treatment usually take?
The overall time you are in the office may vary depending on the amount of questions you have beforehand, and whether or not you opt to numb. The injection process itself is relatively quick though, and generally takes only about 15 minutes.
How long do the results usually last?
On average, Juvederm results last anywhere from 6-12 months. Touch-up injections (as well as repeat injections) are usually needed to maintain optimal results.
What will I look like immediately after treatment?
Most Juvederm “side effects” are mild or moderate in nature, and their duration is short lasting (7 days or less). The most common side effects include, but are not limited to, temporary injections site reactions such as redness, pain/tenderness, firmness, swelling, lumps/bumps, bruising, itching, and discoloration. (As with all skin injection procedures there is a risk of infection.)
However, one of the best things about Juvederm is that the results can be seen immediately, and you will leave the office with already noticeable improvements.
Is Juvederm safe to use for all skin colors?
Yes. In fact, JUV?DERM? injectable gel is the first FDA-approved hyaluronic acid dermal filler that has proven its safety and effectiveness in persons of color. Studies with JUV?DERM? showed no increased risk of hyperpigmentation or hypertrophic scarring in patients of color.
Does About Face Skin Care offer Juvederm injections?
Yes! Our nurse-practioner Sarah Sidiqi performs these treatments all the time, was previously a clinical trainer for cosmetic injections, and is always attending classes and training sessions in order to be up-to-date on all the latest and greatest practices and techniques for getting the best results with dermal-fillers.
If you are interested in Juvederm treatments, check out Brilliant Distinctions: a free rewards program that earns you money back each time you get a Juvederm treatment from a participating office.
* Please note that individual results may vary.